Thank you for your application. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great day!
Do you love to learn and share with a team who can rely on you and your attention to detail?
We want a team player; someone to help the team get things done in an environment that
expects creativity and is obsessive about innovation.
We are seeking a proactive Platform Engineer to support a growing distributed team of
exceptional software engineers. You will be involved with planning, deploying, maintaining
and securing critical business applications for Surevine, as well as our software development
projects and our customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small growing company and shape the way we work.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will shape your role to your strengths and the areas
you wish to develop. Your responsibilities will include a mix of:
- Maintain our internal corporate services (hosted in AWS)
- Automate the provisioning of environments in AWS using technology that we adopt (Terraform /
Docker) or bring in a new approach
- Design and develop automation workflows
- Influence our software development teams to adopt DevOps best practices
- Troubleshoot problems
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing and release of new capabilities and
features, with a focus on release and post-production support
- Be part of our Care (support) team, working to SLAs and sharing responsibility for providing
extended hours support for a number of our operational products
- Support development of corporate Security Policy, ISO27001 compliance and change
management, situation / disaster analysis
- Security engineering infrastructure development e.g. hardening security environment
Skills and experience
- 3+ years within a varied software engineering environment
- Demonstrable experience in commodity cloud services such as AWS
- Strong background in Linux / Unix administration
- Detail-orientated with strong critical thinking skills and a problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work remotely to support multiple teams and projects
We are looking for a cross section of the skills below, we are not expecting them all
Experience of supporting web applications (LAMP, nginx, Tomcat, etc.)
- Working understanding of code and script e.g. PHP, Python, Java and/or Ruby
- Experience with developing templates and playbooks for automation/configuration management
e.g. Terraform or Amazon CloudFormation
- Experience with SQL or RDBMS databases
- Familiar with development tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Git or Atlassian
- Experience of implementing system monitoring using SNMP, Nagios, Check_MK etc.
- Experience of managing and deploying containerised applications using Kubernetes, ECS etc.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an ‘Always-Up, Always-Available’ service
- Understanding of virtualisation such as VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen and KVM
- Experience of executing and interpreting automated security tests e.g. Burpsuite
- Experience of supporting production applications based on one or more of the following: Jive,
Rocket.Chat, Jitsi, Openfire