Thank you for your application. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great day!
We understand that this is a Junior role, but we have high hopes for the person joining us! The list below includes all the responsibilities you will take on but fear not –you will be coached and supported through all of these until you are ready to take those steps on your own. Look at this as more of an aspirational list –do these look like the challenges you would want to get your teeth stuck into?
- Act as front-line Support Engineer, ensuring all support tickets are proactively managed throughout their lifecycle, and regularly updated with active client communications
- Resolve first line support issues and where necessary liaise with clients, internal customers, and support partners in order to resolve first line support issues–you will be the face of Surevine and the first point of contact for people having problems, so you will need to prioritise customer satisfaction and engagement above all else
- Escalate issues, as needed, to Technical Lead
- Update and maintain Surevine’s knowledge bases
- Produce the support data required for Surevine’s monthly service reports
- Support our multi-disciplinary software development teams as needed
- Be part of an occasional out-of-hours on call rota
- Configure and setup new starter’s laptops
- Track and audit company assets via an asset manager
- Configure and maintain security SaaS systems (Security Scanning/UEM device management/Antivirus)
- Support and maintain Surevine’s internal cloud infrastructure, network infrastructures and maintain high availability through proactive measures, advanced troubleshooting and proactive administration
- Deploy software and changes to clients’ systems during out of hours change windows
Skills and Experience
We aren’t expecting you to be a dab hand at everything just yet, but any experience, exposure to or even an awareness of the following will be a big help:
- Jive software
- Amazon AWS
- Password management tools (e.g. LastPass)
- Computer management (e.g. Airwatch)
- Mac OS / Ubuntu setup and configuration
- Networks and Security – TCP/IP, routing, firewalling, IPSEC and SSL-VPN
- Security scanning – GreenBone, Guarduty etc.
Character traits and experience
- Background in Customer Support / Service Desk
- Disciplined, self-organised and motivated to learn and improve in a busy and changing environment
- Demonstrable Customer Service characteristics; good spoken, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail. Can you spot the difference between I and l (i and L)?
Hold a Computer Science, Engineering, Security or numerate degree qualification, a BTEC Higher National Diploma or other vocational equivalent (such as identifiable contribution to an Open Source project)